Sunday 27 October 2013

have a great week!!

How are you all??

It was quite busy week for me.
Thomas got two days off!!(usually one day off or none...) so we had lunch at Sumosan in Mayfair.  
I had few meetings and it went pretty well.  

Also I've attended to Kyushu islands' promotion event. Kyushu is 3rd largest island in Japan and there is 7 prefecture in the island.
So, at this event, the each prefecture had a desk and display they're brochure, sake/shochu and special product from the region. I was accommodated to help Saga prefecture.   
I was serving sake to the guests and explain about it. I also served to British Labour Party Politisian and journalist, Paul Farrelly. I was surprised with him because he is really interested into sake. 
I had very good time to talk about sake to gusts, for once in a while! 


So here is my favorite post.

I've never heard so crazy thing in my life, wine for cat called Nyan Nyan Nouveau

Washoku, Japanese cuisine listed on UNESCO intangible cultural heritage list from The Asian Shinbun

Such a beautiful Halloween idea and cute baby costumes from Martha Stewart

Cool travel agency's brand design from WE AND THE COLOR

wonderful Ikea employee's house decor from desire to inspire




 


Ian: I have to diet... I think my belly becoming beer belly...







Aya: Shall we start jogging?? 

Ian: I told you, I never like running. 









Aya: how about ab exercise??

Ian: I'm IT programmer, not boxer. 








Aya: are you fancy for wine?

Ian: ...yes.









When I read this, I remember my beer belly that I had about 4 years ago.
Well, it was not beer belly yet, but I could see my tummy getting bigger even though I was not pregnant...
When I came to England, I started drinking beer more than ever.
And I think it was 4 years ago, I was drinking beer everyday.
One night, I was sitting on my sofa, drinking beer, listening to music and doing some search on internet. Thomas came back home and told me "you are looks like Wagyu!" He was pointing at me and laughing. Because this Japanese beef Wagyu(you may know Kobe beef, Matsuzaka beef, Yonezawa beef... they are all Wagyu and grown up in different area in Japan), has been fed beer, massaged everyday and listen to music to relax.
So I am Japanese and drinking beer while listening music. He thought I am like one of them.
(Don't worry, I gave him a very nice, huge kick on his bottom.) 

Since that night I stop drink beer for about 2 years. I didn't even touch them. :-(

Well, there is a warning as storm approach in England. Apparently it will be the biggest storm since 1987. I really hope not many people is affecting by this storm... 
Well, I wanted to update this post before the weekend, but it is too late!
So I'd say have a great week!!

皆さんの一週間はどうでしたか??

私の一週間は、なんだかバタバタ忙しかったです。
今週はミーティングが何件か有り、その上、久しぶりにトーマスが2日の休み!!(普段は休みが1日か全く無いので)お昼をメイフェアーに有るSumosanへ食べに行きました。

それから、市内のホテルで行われた九州の観光復興イベントへ、お手伝いに伺いました。
各県がそれぞれ分かれて、日本酒/焼酎や件の特産品、広告等々をディスプレイし、宣伝すると言う物でしたが、私のお手伝いはお酒を提供し、説明する事でした。下院議員、労働党のPaul Farrellyにお酒を試飲、説明する機会もありましたが、彼,意外にも日本酒や日本文化に興味が有って、驚きました。
何より、久しぶりに日本酒の事を話す機会を設けて頂き、本当に良かったです。

さて、こちらは今週気になったポスト。

日本で発売された猫用の赤ワイン、にゃんにゃんヌーボー 

和食がついにユネスコ無形文化遺産に登録、その記事はこちら 

ハロウィーンの飾りや、子供用のコスチュームアイディア等々Martha Stewart 

ファンキーな旅行会社のデザインWE AND THE COLOR

Ikeaのスタッフのお家ですって、desire to inspire 

そして、気になるイアンのダイエット、英国男子と国際結婚 @ロンドン 


このイアンのダイエットを読んで、私のビール断ちを思い出しました。
たしか4年前くらいだったか、私、いつもビール飲んでいたんです。イギリスに来てからこんなにビールが飲めるようになり、当時はほぼ毎日。そこで、まさかとは思ったのですが本当にお腹がたぷたぷしてきました。
ある夜、家でビールを飲みながら、音楽を聴き、そしてインターネットしているとトーマスが帰ってきました。そこで私を見るなり、
“アハ!サトミは和牛みたいだね!!”と指差して大笑い。
“だってサトミは日本人で、そしてビールを飲みながら音楽聞いてるなんて、和牛だね!” (後に大きなケリを入れました) 

あの夜から、約2年、ビールには一切手を触れませんでした。そんな事を、思い出したのです。あ、勿論今は飲みますよー!!

それはそうと、今夜から明日に掛けて、イギリスは強風波浪大雨注意報が出ています。この嵐、1987年以来の記録的な大きさなんですって。本当に被害がでない事を祈るばかりです。我が家の周りでも、今日はもの凄く風が強かったー!

本来だったら週末にアップしたかったブログでは有りましたが、いやはや既に来週にさしかかっていると言う事で、皆様、良い一週間を!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...