Monday 8 July 2013

are you ready??

What a beautiful monday morning here in London. 
I love London especially when weather is like today. Bright, sunny, clear Cristal blue sky and warm... But air conditioner is not really introduced to most of the houses (and transport) in this country. Some of the summer had break the record of highest temperature, which is not so beautiful without fresh cool breeze. 
I'm get used to it now but definitely I can not survive summer in Japan anymore.   


Probably 3-4 years ago, one of my colleague gave me a artical of having baby. 
Having a child is very important for some people, but for other people, its not so important. I was definitely "other people", when I received this from my colleague.   
I'd never thought I'd became a mother of my child one day...

I've found different artical from Daily mail, about think you're ready to be a parents.
It is funny and some of them are so true, BUT its not only bad ideas, though.

The thing is nobody tells you about what is the reality, about baby.
Like, first day when you bring your baby to home (in UK, usually discharge baby and mother on same day or next day after the birth. In Japan, baby and mother stay in hospital for 1 week, the nurse look after baby in the night, you'll get beautiful nutritious meal 3 times in a day, and nurse will teach you how to bath baby, nappy change, breast feeding etc... ), the pain of the stitches, breast feeding is SO NOT easy, and this weird color poo, the anxious of is baby sleeping ok??, not vomiting the milk?? what he/she want now??? why the baby is sleeping so much?? shhhh!! baby would wake up!
The breast feeding, I totally agree, it is the best way to feed baby and babies health, but nobody tells you haw hard it is at the binging. The most of the new mum would imagine, such a beautiful picture on the magazine and advertisement, which I had too. 
But reality is different from the beautiful picture. 
PAIN everywhere. 
For the research in Japan, about 98% of the new mum wish to breast feed, but by the first month check up, it will be decrease to 33%.    
When I was pregnant, I went to maternity class twice that provided by NHS, and one of the class were just talked about breast feeding. Off course all mums in the class rise their hands when the midwife asked us who want to breast feed your baby?? But she just told us bright side. Not the dark side...
For example, the mastitis, is the worst. I've got once and it is literally somebody stabbing with bunch of needles deep inside of your breast. When I got this, I couldn't breath, sleep, I was crying and reminds me labor pain (I didn't cry when I was in labor). So I went to the GP to see doctor and she told me "it is very very common, don't worry!" (–_–)... ah, well, thanks for letting me know, now. 
Would be nice if it's been informed at the maternity class... X-(


Since we have new member of family, my life has changed dramatically.
If I knew what I've been through for past 10 months before I get pregnant, would I still want to have a baby?
I don't know... 
But when I think of my son's smile and sleeping face, my answer will be "definitely". 

今日のロンドンは快晴。
こんなにからっと晴れたロンドンは本当に気持ちが良く、日差しに輝くロンドンが私は大好きです。しかし、ここロンドンの一般家庭(そして交通機関も)には、冷房が無いのが普通。時には記録的な暑さになる夏、ひんやりした冷房の風がないというと、あんまり素敵とも言ってられない事もありますが。
私はだいぶ慣れてきましたが、日本の夏は、正直乗り越えられる自信はありません。


さて、今から3,4年前の事でしょうか、同僚から、子育てについて書かれた雑誌の切り抜きをもらいました。
子供を持つ事って誰かにとったら凄く大切な事でも、他の誰かにとってみればそんなに重要な事ではないと言う事もある筈です。少なくとも、その時分、私は後者でした。そして、いつか時分が母親になるなんて,その時はまさか考えもしませんでした。

その同僚がくれた切り抜きとは違うものですが、デイリーメイルに似たような記事を見つけました。think you're ready to be a parents 親になる準備ができているか、考えてみて、と言った内容です。全部が全部本当ではないですが、あー、確かに…というのもあり、結構面白いです。 

そもそも子育てについて、あまり語られていない事って本当に多いなって思います。
 まず、産まれたばかりの我が子を実際家に連れて来た初日。(英国では、問題が無い限り、新生児と母親はその日か翌日には退院します。日本の場合は約一週間は入院、看護婦さんが夜中は面倒を見てくれて、バランスのとれた食事は3食付き、授乳、沐浴等の指導は当たり前ですよね)傷口はズキズキひりひり痛むし、始めの授乳はそんなに簡単なものではなく、そして赤ちゃんのうんち、何でこんな色なの?!、そして、ちゃんと寝てるかしら、ミルクをもどして詰まらせたりしてないかとか、今度は何が欲しいのかね…、こんなに寝てて大丈夫なのかな、シー!!静かにしないと起きちゃうよ…なんて、はらはらはつきものですよね。

母乳については、日本だけでなくイギリスでもそのメリットは重要視され、母乳!母乳!と、まるでその他のオプションは無いと言わんばかりです。高い栄養価、そして赤ちゃんの免疫力を付ける等、勿論大切な事と言うのは解るのですが、あまりにも授乳する事が簡単に公言されていて、始めはどれだけ大変な事かと言う事が伝えられていないように思います。私自身も含め、殆どの新米お母さんにとってコマーシャルや雑誌の穏やかな授乳風景を想像し、勿論母乳でと意気込む方も多いと思いますが、実際、始めの数週間はそんなに穏やかでもなく、簡単でもありません。
ある、母乳についてのリサーチを目にした事がありますが、98%の新米お母さんは、完全母乳を望むそうですが、1ヶ月後の検診の時にはなんとその割合は33%にまで落ち込むそうです。
まだ私が妊娠中の時、NHS(National Health Service)から斡旋されたマタニティークラスへ2度参加しました。そのうち、1回のクラスのお題は母乳についてでした。
勿論、クラスに参加した全員は、是非母乳にするつもりと張り切っていました。説明してくれた先生のお話はやっぱり母乳は素晴らしいということ。素晴らしいけど、あんな事やこんな事があって、大変な事もあるよとは一言も教えてくれませんでした。
例えば乳腺炎。私も既に一度経験しましたが、本当に痛い。
誰かに何十本もの針で胸を刺され,エグリ取られる感じの痛さ。私に症状が出た時は、息も出来ず、勿論寝る事は不可能、そしてあまりの痛さに涙が出て来て、脳裏を過ったのは陣痛の痛さでした。(陣痛は涙は出てきませんでしたが)
そしてかかりつけの医者に見てもらうと、”あ−、とても良くある事です、心配しないで大丈夫。” (–_–)…
こういう事こそ、マタニティークラスとかで指導してもらえてたらと思いました。とほほ。


新しい家族が増え、私達の生活は一転しました。
もし、私がこの10ヶ月に起きた事を把握出来ていたら、それでも子供が欲しいと思うだろうか。
正直、解りません…。
でも、寝顔とそしてあの満面の笑顔を見せてくれる我が子を想像すると、答えは簡単、“勿論”。

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...