Monday 7 October 2013

happy 6 months old!

"Time flies"

That is the word every friend of mine who has kids told me.
Now I feel the time passes even faster than before. 

Hugo became 6 months old in last week. 
I still can not believe he‘s been living for 6 months in this world already?? I am forgetting how I felt when I was pregnant. How big my belly was??  And how heavy my legs were...?
I am still losing my hair after gave birth, my whist is never recover from inflammation, because I've been holding him at all the time and on top of that, I had really bad blocked back twice in last month. I know, I am definitely getting old even faster. 

When I was pregnant, I've been working so much and I read baby book only time to time. So I didn't even know what the "show" is.(shame on me!!) I've got so scared when I saw it first time. However I had plan to go to work to do staff training on the day I had my first "show", so I went. 
Then early next morning, I wake up with dull stomachache. I didn't thought this is it. But when I realized it is the real contraction, I was so relieved that it's started today. Not the middle of the staff training yesterday...
And I realized the contraction is nothing like in a film... (you know, the lady jumped off from the chair and say "OMG!! the baby is coming!!")

When midwife told me I can come to the hospital, we call the taxi and driver was extremely excited to take us to the hospital. So sweet.  
When we arrived at the delivery word, I saw other 2 ladies in waiting room looks like in a contraction. And I could hear the somebody else in the room somewhere, just giving birth. She was screaming and swearing. I was pleased that I requested epidural on my birth plan. I don't think I am not that strong as this lady...

When I've lay down on the bed with monitors on and epidural in, I was so relaxed and Thomas and I were both fall in asleep. I don't know how long we've slept, but midwife was next me and checking the monitor at all the time, even while I was sleeping. I felt, I can trust this person. 

After 10 minutes of push, Hugo was born in the afternoon. We didn't know baby's genders and when we saw our baby is a boy, I called him "HUGO!!" He was still crying. 

Thomas was so excited and emotional like any dad. I was so so relieved that finally I can meet with our healthy baby boy. And I've whispered to him, "don't worry, I'll promise you to protect you, no matter what happens". Thomas didn't hear what we've promised. 

After everything settled, Thomas run to the shop and got some cured hams, selection of soft cheese, some baguette, dessert with creams and chocolates... something that I've been avoiding for 9 months. I won't forget that moment when I taste them.  
Next day, we've got discharged. We were so thrilled to take new family home. We've tried not to make ANY noise. But sooner realized, he is ok. He will be sleeping. 

On his 4th day, he's got really bad jaundice. He didn't take any milk for almost 24 hours. We had to take him to the E&A, after several conversations and phone calls and argument with hospital, midwife and local health visitors. We've called probably everybody who is around our local for help. But nobody did.   
So Hugo and I had to stay in hospital for 1 week until hes weight reach to the safe zone and jaundice completely gone. 
It was most stressful, painful(because of my stitches, without any pain killer has given), tired week in my life. I had to feed him with tube through from his nose every 2 hours. And keep him under the blue light for treatment, make sure he is not taking eye mask off to protect his eyes from light. I couldn't sit down properly and walk properly.
I had to pump breast milk and wash the pump after, and sterilize them change nappies and so on...., literally I didn't sleep much.
I was dying to sleep on my own bed and eat fresh sandwich or vegetable soup.


When I think of this, I feel it was very very long time ago, definitely more than 6months ago. 
I am not sure if I am doing ok, am I being good mum, I might have made some mistakes already...?
But somebody told me, none of the mum is perfect in this world. Everybody made some mistakes even our own mum. 
Now, I really understand how my mum felt about having me. How precious baby I was for her. How she felt when she saw me at the first time. When I smiled at her or hold her hands.
I had very difficult teen age period(like many teen age kids), she must felt hart broken. If Hugo turn to like how I was, I would be crying every day.

Well, Hugo has turn to 6 months old in last week. 
We've start to feeding solid food from last week and so far, he's been doing great. Finish his little portion of porridge without messing and crying. Hopefully he will be enjoying to  eating like we do. 

To the all mums and papas in the world, I am so happy to join you the special club, 
"The parents"!! 

Happy 6 months old my darling.


時が過ぎるのは、なんと早い事か。
特に、子供を持つ友人からはいつも聞かされていましたが。
確かに自分が親になってみると、その早さが想像以上に速くなる事に驚きです。

我が家のヒュウゴは、先週6ヶ月になりました。
正直、産まれてからもう6ヶ月も経ってる事、が信じられない上に、妊娠してたときの記憶を既に忘れかけている私。お腹が重かったのは覚えているけど、果たしてどれだけ大きかったっけ??そして足もどれくらいむくんだりしたっけ??
未だに出産後の抜け毛は治まらず、そして生後1ヶ月から症状がでた腱鞘炎は、もうしばらくは治る事も無いでしょう。既にぎっくり腰を2回経験し、あぁ、歳とるスピードも、着実に速まってる気がするわ。  

私が妊娠中、普通だったら妊娠の本やら赤ちゃんの本やら良ーく勉強するべきだったのですが、あまりにも仕事が忙しく、私が読めたのは本当にちょこっと。だから“おしるし”なんてのも知らず(←コラ!)、初めて見たときはどっきりでした。
病院に電話したら、“あー、それはもうすぐ赤ちゃんが来るってお知らせよ。48時間から2週間の間に出産出来る筈ですよー。それはそうと、それって本とかインターネットに書いてある筈だけど…”と。スンマセン(汗)。
その日の午後は会社でスタッフトレーニングの予定があり、いざと言う時の為に、必要なマタニティノート(日本で言う母子手帳です)を持参し、会社に向いました。
 そして何事も無くトレーニングも終わり、その翌日の早朝、お腹がボワーンと痛くなって目が覚めました。最初はトイレかなーぐらいの痛みだったので、全く陣痛の始まりだなんて気が付かなかったのですが、だんだんボワーンがはっきりに。そしてあ、これが陣痛??と思うと同時に、昨日のトレーニングじゃなくて良かった−!と、本当に安堵の気持ちで一杯でした。
それはそうと、あの映画とかドラマとかの陣痛の始まりとは大違いで、なぁんだと思ったりもしたけど。


何回か病院に電話し、ミドワイフ(助産婦さん)が、痛み止め飲んでもしゃべられないくらい痛くなったら来て良いわよというので、(笑。凄いでしょ?)トーマスに、まだ喋れる、頑張ればまだ喋れると、なんだかよく解らない基準で判断し、最終的にはトーマスが私のうめき声に耐えられず、タクシーを呼び病院へ行きました。タクシーの運転手さんは,自分の事のようにもの凄く興奮して、頑張れー頑張れーと励ましてくれました。
 病院に着くと待合室には私と同じ状況のお母さんが2人。そしてどこかの病室からはもの凄い叫び声とスウェアリングが。(いわゆる、このヤロー、クソー、コンチキショー見たいなお言葉です。) そこでホッとしたのが、エピドュラル(無痛分娩)を出産のプランに入れておいて良かったーと。

個室に移動し、モニターも着け、エピドュラルも完璧に効き、完全にリラックスした私に、もっとホッとしていたのがトーマス。挙げ句の果てに二人でグースカ居眠りをし、どれくらい眠ったか、目が覚めた時に隣にいたのは助産婦さんで、私が寝ている間も側を離れず、ずっとモニターをチェックしていてくれました。

その後、10分程のプッシュ、プッシュ!!のかけ声であっという間に産まれたのがヒュウゴ。性別を産まれるまでのお楽しみにしていたので、先生が男のだよーと産まれたばかりの小さなヒュウゴを見せてくれました。私達は、男の子と女の子用の名前を二つ用意していたので、ヒュウゴだ!!ヒュウゴ?! と呼びかけたけど、ヒュウゴはまだエンエン泣いていました。


卒倒すると思っていたトーマスは無事で(これ、本当)、あまりの感動に声もでない様子。
その後病室を移り、落ち着いた後にトーマスが、スーパーからチーズやら、ハムやサラミ、クリームとチョコレートたっぷりのデザート等々明らかに4人分くらいの食品を買い込んで来てくれ、今まで9ヶ月食べられずに我慢していた物を食べたときのあの感動、今でも忘れません。
そして翌日、退院した私達、産まれたばかりの赤ちゃんを連れて帰るのがちょっと怖いけど、ドキドキ楽しみ。家についてからは物音一つ建てないように、静か−にしていましたが、しばらくして気が付くと、あれ?!なんだ、寝てるよ大丈夫じゃんと、二人で苦笑しました。

4日目、ヒュウゴの黄疸がひどくなり、ほぼ24時間眠り続け起きない様子。
近所の医者や、地域のミドワイフや病院へも電話し、あっちへ、こっちへとたらい回しにされ、最終的にはキレたトーマスの判断で救急病院へ。 いつもは優柔不断で何にも決められないのに、あんなに怒って即決したトーマスは見た事無かったです。
結果、私とヒュウゴは1週間入院。ヒュウゴは鼻からチューブを入れ,そこから2時間置きに小さな注射器を使ってミルクを飲ませました。しかも、あの日焼けサロンの青いランプの下で、目を守る為のアイマスクもし、それがとれないようにと気が気ではなく、私は痛み止めが貰えず、傷口が本当に痛くて、あれほど心身共にやられた1週間は初めてでした。
2時間置きにと言っても、その上に搾乳し、そのポンプを洗い、消毒して、おむつを替え、そんなこんなで寝る時間も無く、自分も座る事も、きちんと歩く事も出来ない中で、今考えるとあのエネルギーはどこから出たのか本当に凄いと思います。


いま、こうして振り返ってみると、今までの6ヶ月間が本当にあっという間で、そして大昔の事のように感じます。
母親として、キチンと出来ているのか、もしかしたら既に間違いを犯しているのかも知れない。でも、誰かが言っていたけど、間違えを犯さないお母さんなんていないし、自分の母親ですら、いろいろ間違えながら今までお母さんして来てるんだから大丈夫と言われ、なるほどと思いました。
そして、今自分が親になって私の母がどんな思いで私を育てたのか、身を持って実感する毎日です。初めて私を見た時、初めて笑ったり、手をつないだ時、母にとって、私はどれだけ大事でかわいい生き物だっただろう。
正直、苦労をかけた思春期、もしヒュウゴがあの時の私のようになったら、多分私は毎日泣くと思います。

それはそうと、話は戻り、ヒュウゴはもう6ヶ月。
離乳食も先週始め、今の所大成功で、あげた分は全て完食しています。このまま私達のように、食べる事が大好きになってくれたら良いな。
 
6ヶ月、おめでとう。ヒュウゴ。

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...