Thursday 15 August 2013

after the spa

My son Hugo, took so long to settle last night. 

Usually, as soon as I said "good night", he'd fall in asleep. 
But somehow, he was so grumpy and crying those high pitch voice which I've never heard before, for two hours. I was worried if something wrong or his tummy hurt...? But I figure out nothing is wrong.
I was holding him, walking in the whole house up and down, singing his favorite song, reading Japanese folktale story, change pajamas to the other pajamas, try dummy (he never like them)... After two hours of fight, finally he's fall in asleep like a stone. 

I was exausted.

In this morning, I couldn't get up. My back was completely blocked.
Literally I took 5 minutes from the bed to living room which usually takes me 5 seconds. I've complained my pain to Thomas and he asked me what happened after he saw how I'm walking. 
I've asked my self, "What have I done...??"
"!!" then, I realized. I was holding Hugo for two hours yesterday. 
He's only 4months old... what would it be when he's get older... I thought about it for a sec. 
Anyway, I had to do something about it. Thomas suggesting me to see his osteopath doctor but it is too far to get there and come back. So I've managed to book a massage in my local in such a last minute. 

I haven't had massage for a while, so I wish I could excite to get there but not in this stage. After long discussion with the lady about my pain, she's started to fix my back. 

I used to fall in asleep all the time, as soon as somebody massage my back. And I always leave the spa with huge disappointment and disadvantage to myself. Every time when I waken up by one of massage therapist, No! again?! that is my first word.  
But things has changed. 
I discovered "deep tissue". It was great. I couldn't stay sleep. And I felt good after the massage. 
BUT today, the lady told me she can not to do deep tissue as I have particular pain, she has to do something else. A hour later, my pain level has down to 2 out of 10. Think about how I arrived at spa earlier it was massive recovery. 

In the evening, I wanted to eat something warm and light.
I cooked rice noodle soup.
Probably many people instantly think rice noodle is for stir fly. But rice noodle is good for soup too. And this is perfect supper after the day like today.

here is the recipe. (serves 4)

Rice noodle 100g (roughly cut into 5cm)
Prawn
1 egg, beaten
A bunch of broccoli, cleaned and cut into bite size 
Water 2 pints
1 cube of chicken stock
Sake 3tbsp
Soy sauce 3 tbsp
Sesame oil 1/2 tsp
pinch of salt and pepper
Diced tofu(optional)

1. heat the water, chicken stock, sake, soy sauce in sauce pan. When its boiled, add rice noodle, seafood sticks, leek, and tofu.

2. simmer 3-5 minutes, and season with salt and pepper. 

3. slowly pour egg into the pan, then mix slowly. turn off the heat and pour sesame oil. 

昨夜、我が家の息子ヒュウゴはなかなか寝付きませんでした。

いつもだったら、私の“おやすみ”で、すぐに眠りにつくのに、昨夜はどうした事かグズグズどころかギャン泣き。今までに聞いた事の無いくらいの大声と、ハイピッチ。
正直どこか悪いんじゃないかと心配になった程ですが、何とも無い事が解り、一安心。
それでもグズグス泣き止まず、私はだっこしたまま家中を行ったり来たり、ヒュウゴの好きな「ふるさと」を歌ったり、桃太郎の話を読んで聞かせたり、パジャマをあっちのからこっちのへと着せ替えたり、いつもは嫌いなおしゃぶりを試してみたり…2時間後、やっとの事でストンと寝付きました。

私はと言うと、ヘトヘト。スルメになった気分。

そして今朝,起き上がろうとしても起きれず、イヤーな予感がしました。これはもしやぎっくり腰…。
ベットからリビングまで、いつもだったら5秒で移動出来るのに、今日は5分かかってようやく辿り着きました。
一足早く起きていたトーマスに腰が痛いと訴えると、さすがに私の登場にびっくりしてました。何がどうしてこんなに急に腰が痛くなったのかよーく考えてみると、恐らく、昨日の2時間ヒュウゴを抱っこしたのが原因ではないかと。
まだ生後4ヶ月だと言うのに、これから先は一体どうなる事やらと、一瞬思いましたが、今大事なのはとにかく何とかする事。
このままじゃトーマスが仕事の時はどうしたら良いの〜!
トーマスが、自分がかかっているオステオパスの先生に見てもらったらと言ってくれたけど、ちょっと道のりが遠いので断念。以前行った事のある、近所のスパに電話したらたまたま運良く空いている時間があり、こんなギリギリに電話したにも拘らず丁寧に対応してくれました。
スパに着いてから、マッサージ師の女性とじっっくり痛みについて話し合い、これまた本当に丁寧に対応してくれました。
しばらくマッサージなんて来れなかったので、本来だったら喜びたい所ですが、こんなおばあちゃんみたいな自分にやるせない気持ちになりました。

昔、マッサージと言うと、私は必ず爆睡してしまい、清算をする時にはなんだかがっかりと損した気分とが入り交じり、ビミョーな気持ちでスパを後にする事が殆どでした。しかし、後にディープティッシューを味わってからと言うもの、寝る事も無く(寝れないって!)、そして爽快感。それがヤミツキになり、それからと言うものだいたい1時間のマッサージに行く時は、ディープティッシューをお願いしてます。
でも!今回は例外。始めのうちは、こんな感じで本当に良くなるのかなぁと鷹をくくっていたけれども、実際1時間のマッサージが終わってみると歩けるー!そして痛さレベルは10段階の2ぐらい。お見事!

そして夜、なんだか簡単で、あっさりしてて暖まる物が食べたいなぁと思い、冷蔵庫をあさって有る物で作ったのが、春雨ならぬライスヌードルのスープ。
このライスヌードル、どこのスーパーでも中華炒めの食材としてアジアン食材の棚に並んでいます。値段も安い上に、もっと活用法が有る筈なのに、ここはイギリス。あんまり日本みたいに、あれこれ手間をかけたりしないので、食卓のレパートリーがかなり少ない。(私のイギリス人の友人は、2日に1回は野菜炒めを食べてました。日本人でもそんなに食べないのに…。)
それはそうとこのスープ、今日みたいな日にはぴったりの夕食でした。


こちらがレシピです(4人分)

ライスヌードル(ざっくりと5cmくらいの大きさに切る)
むきエビ 
溶き卵1個分
ブロッコリー 一房
水 パイント2杯程
コンソメ1個、又は鶏ガラスープの素大さじ1
酒 大さじ3
醤油 大さじ3
塩こしょう 少々
ごま油 小さじ1/2
豆腐 角切り(オプション)  

1. 鍋に、水、コンソメ又は鶏ガラスープの素、酒、醤油を暖め、一煮立ちさせる。煮立ったら、ライスヌードル、むきエビ、ブロッコリー、そして豆腐を加える。

2. 3−5分ぐらい煮て、塩こしょうで味を整える。

3. 溶き卵を流し込み、ゆっくりかき混ぜ、ふわっとしたら火を止めごま油をたらす。

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...